Monday, April 16, 2007

A word about inspiration...

In December or so, I read a book called Twenty-Something by a young English author named Iain Hollingshead. It's a first-person account of a young man's year-long journey of self-discovery. (That sounds really trite, I know, but the book is quite good.) Presumably, it's more than a little bit autobiographical.

After I finished it, I decided that in January I was going to do the same thing. Maybe it'd just be for myself, maybe I'd share it with my friends, but I was going to write, by gum. (When I was younger, there was a point when I wanted to be a writer, but then I tried and realized I wasn't any good at it.)

Well, given the fact that it's April 16th as I write this, I'm sure you can infer how that turned out. In the interest of plugging a good book, though... there it is.

No comments: