Monday, April 30, 2007

Not Inauspicious

I had lunch with Airport Girl today after she had her second interview at that same consulting firm. We met up at a deli across the street from where she interviewed (after I was held up because of a train accident that forced me to go a different route), then took our salads over to the little park in Herald Square across from Macy's (which AG claimed was not actually a park because it doesn't have grass, but that's just the way some city parks are).

On the job front, it definitely sounds like this consulting firm is going to make AG an offer; they were asking her questions like "are you planning on taking any time off between finishing school and starting work?" which basically amounts to "when can you start?" She's got an offer with a firm in Connecticut that compares unfavorably salary-wise, and another interview or two yet to happen, but she seems pretty enthused about this one.

On the other front... hey, I'm going to continue in my efforts to be optimistic. I think she digs me. Good body language, a couple of playful punches on the arm, that sort of thing. Said that if she moves to NYC, I'm going to have to spend every weekend showing her around, which certainly sounds like a positive to me. I'm a little nervous that she was quick to give me the cheek to kiss both when we met up and before she got into her cab back to her hotel, but it's not like we were going to start playing tonsil hockey right there on 32nd Street, right?

AG thinks she should maybe have an offer from this firm as soon as a couple of days from now, and said that she'd let me know what happens, so perhaps I'll know more soon.

No comments: