Monday, April 23, 2007

Beer + Garden =

On Saturday afternoon, to take advantage of the great weather I mentioned, some friends and I headed out to Bohemian Hall in Astoria. According to the website, there used to be hundreds of beer gardens in NYC, but with the real estate market being what it is (i.e. who needs outdoor space when we could have MORE LUXURY CONDOS?!?!), now there's just the one.

The trip out was apparently a good idea, as A) we ran into a whole bunch of people we knew, and B) by late afternoon there was a line around the block to get in. Fortunately, we were there early enough (well, two of my friends were there early enough - I was an hour behind schedule) to get some table space. I'd never had Staropramen before, but I liked it better than the standard Pilsner Urquell.

Afterwards, we went to Donovan's in Woodside for burgers. I guess they were good, but my taste buds were pretty numb from all the beer.

No comments: