Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday morning

That was a fun weekend, all in all. Friday night my father and I went out to Shea Stadium (my first trip there this season) to see the Mets play the Brewers (who have the best record in baseball - when the hell did that happen?). The Mets got a great start out of Jorge Sosa and home runs from David Wright, Carlos Delgado and Damion Easley (who's been pretty impressive so far) and held on to win 5-4. Also: holy crap, there's a whole other stadium outside the stadium!

Saturday afternoon we headed back out to Bohemian Hall in Astoria for BB and JW's birthday party. Much tasty Czech beer was consumed, and the weather cooperated until it cooled off towards the end of the afternoon. I was pretty wiped after drinking basically from 1:00 until 6:30 so I headed home (making a stopover at the Barnes and Noble near the West 4th subway stop to pick up Anthony Bourdain's new book and one of Nick Hornby's old ones) and turned in early.

Yesterday was Mother's Day so I met up with the folks for brunch at Bistro Les Amis in Soho. After some initial playing of musical tables, we settled in and enjoyed a nice meal (though not so great that I'd go out of my way to eat there again). For some reason it was also a very clumsy meal for me personally, and the sauce from my mussels wound up all over the place. After brunch we went out to Great Neck to visit my great-aunt and then braved the Mother's Day traffic to head home.

Got out on my bike both Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon as well - great weather for it. I'm going to take today off but get back out tomorrow (when it's supposed to be warmer and more humid leading up to thunderstorms on Wednesday).

No comments: