Thursday, May 10, 2007

Neon Bible

I went to the Arcade Fire concert at Radio City tonight. Great show, great venue (I'd never been there before). They're one of those groups who seem like they're having so much fun up there performing, and that kind of energy and enthusiasm helps to get the crowd into the show too. It's also impressive that there are ten people (by my count) up there performing and they're all DOING something at any given time. Nobody's just kinda standing there and waiting for their turn to play. It makes for some really rich, deep music.


The lead singer of the band, a few times during the show, encouraged the people whose seats were further back to kinda move on down towards the front and just kinda stand in the aisles. (At one point he hoked that the security staff must hate him for that.) I happened to have an aisle seat, so at some point during the show this other dude who was filing down towards the front on the singer's instructions wound up standing next to me, and kinda intruded on my personal space. And then I realized, "wow, when did I start worrying about having personal space when I'm at a concert?" (I dunno, maybe that was just because it was a dude, though.) Anyway, I guess maybe that's another sign I'm getting old.

No comments: